HUNTERíS PISTOL AND SMALLBORE HUNTERíS PISTOL AND SMALLBORE AND PISTOL CARTRIDGE COWBOY LEVER ACTION RIFLE
SILHOUETTE MATCH, SPONSORED BY: BGTC
Beginning in February and running through November, Smallbore will be fired on the third Saturday of each even numbered month and Pistol Cartridge will be fired the third Saturday of each odd numbered month. Matches will begin at 2:00 p.m.
These matches will be fired in conjunction with the Smallbore Hunterís Pistol Silhouette (same day as Smallbore Cowboy) and Hunterís Pistol Silhouette (same day as Pistol Cartridge) matches using the same Ĺ scale metallic silhouette targets.
All participants must be members of the National Rifle Association.
The following are applicable excerpts from the NRA Rifle Silhouette Rules which apply to the Smallbore Cowboy Lever Action Rifle Silhouette and Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette matches:
3. RIFLES, EQUIPMENT AND AMMUNITION
CERTIFICATION OF RIFLES: Rifles must be weighed, measured and certified before being fired in a match. The rifle must be fired in the same con≠figuration as when certified. No one may win an award with an uncertified rifle. In rifle competition, loads that damage targets may be disapproved by the Range Officer or Jury. In case of a malfunction certified by the Range Officer or Jury, a replacement rifle must be certified. (See Rule 9.8)
3.1.3 Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle - Listed below are the three classes of Cowboy Silhouette Rifles. The below listed rules apply to all classes of rifles. (The intent of these rules is to establish a match for com≠mon hunting carbines and other lever action rifles. The match is focused toward shooters who enjoy shooting hunting arms and do not want to make the investment required of other specialized types of shooting competitions.)
1. Rear sights may be open sights, receiver or tang sights manufactured for the rifle they are mounted on. Front sights must be a post or bead, may be hooded or if interchangeable may use post inserts only.
2. Barrels must be original or may be relined. Original barrels rebored to a larger caliber are allowed. Any safe trigger is allowed. Stocks must be of original configuration.
3. Ammunition may be loaded with smokeless or black powder, using jacketed or cast bullets, with or without gas checks. All bullets must be flat nosed suitable for tubular magazine use. Any cartridge causing tar≠get damage or deemed unsafe may be banned.
4. Firing period will include a 30 second ready (loading) period, and 2 minutes for 5 shots. Ammunition must be loaded through the tubular magazine.
5. Binoculars may be used for spotting. Spotting scopes or stands may not be used. No shooting jackets, shooting vests, or gloves will be allowed. Rule 6-9 concerning wind flags will not apply.
Master 37 - 40
AAA 31 Ė 36
AA 25 - 30
A 15 - 24
B 0 Ė 14
(b) Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette -
A. Any lever action center fire rifle with a tubular magazine. A rimmed pistol cartridge loaded with a flat nosed bullet must be used i. e. 25-20, 32-20, 38's, 357 magnum, 38-40, 44's, 44-40, 45 Colt, 45 Long Colt, .22 magnum, .22 long rifle.
B. Targets: Hunter's Pistol, at distances of 40-50-75-100 meters.
(c) Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette -
A. Any lever action, pump, or semi-auto rimfire rifle with a tubular magazine. .22 long rifle ammunition only. Hyper velocity ammunition prohibited.
B. Targets: Smallbore Hunter's Pistol, at distances of 40-50-75-100 meters.
5.1 The Ground - All references to "the Ground" in the following posi≠tion Rules are to be construed as applying to surface of the firing point.
5.2 Artificial Support - Any supporting surface except the ground not specifically authorized for use in the Rules for the position prescribed.
5.8 Firing Position - Any standing position without artificial support. The rifle will be supported by the hands and one shoulder. All parts of one hand must be forward of the pistol grip. The chin may not rest on top of the comb. The stock may not be hollowed, altered or manufactured so as to facilitate chin contact. This does not preclude the use of abrasive materials or finishes.
Matches will begin at 2:00 p.m. with a short practice session prior to the match.
None to Display